An AWS account is needed to create and manage cluster on AWS. The following criteria must be met:
- An account on AWS.
- A Stakater user (ask Stakater team for the email to use for this user) with admin privileges on a separate project (Recommended). See the required permissions for AWS if you do not want to grant admin privilege.
- Resource limits must be applied on the account and the following resources must be allowed to be created.
|Virtual Machines||Varies. The limit should be 12 initially. (Initial deployment is 3 control plane + 3 infra + 3 worker)|
|Regional vCPUs||The limit should be A x B x 2 , where A = no. of VMS (worker + infra + control plane), B = vCPUs per VM)|
|Elastic IPs (EIPs)||5|
|Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)||5|
|Elastic Load Balancing (ELB/NLB)||3|
|Elastic Network Interfaces (ENIs)||At least 12|
|Machine Specifications||6 machines of 8x32x120G|
|Region||Region will be identified by the customer|
SAAP offers the following worker node types and sizes on AWS:
- m5.xlarge (4 vCPU, 16 GiB)
- m5.2xlarge (8 vCPU, 32 GiB)
- m5.4xlarge (16 vCPU, 64 GiB)
- r5.xlarge (4 vCPU, 32 GiB)
- r5.2xlarge (8 vCPU, 64 GiB)
- r5.4xlarge (16 vCPU, 128 GiB)
- c5.2xlarge (8 vCPU, 16 GiB)
- c5.4xlarge (16 vCPU, 32 GiB)
Node autoscaling is available on AWS. You can configure the autoscaler option to automatically scale the number of machines in a cluster.